Monday, February 7, 2011

A post in which I am honestly sincere

This is what perfect happiness looks like.

It should be noted that perfect happiness is not a reflection on a perfect life.  I'm pretty sure in my "perfect" life I would be at least 20 pounds lighter and probably employed.  Yeah, I quit (I QUIT) my job.  In this economy.  To go to culinary school full-time.  I am turning 32 on February 8th, acquiring 30k in debt and am not only unemployed but perhaps unemployable at this point.

But you know what?  I like getting older.  Because the perspective I've gained far outweighs anything I've lost.  Happiness is fleeting.  You just have to ride that wave when you catch it.

I think I'm finally beginning to understand.  When I was younger, it was a constant deferment:  I will be an adult once X, Y, and Z happens.  I will be happy then too. 

It's a lie.  No accomplishment will make you feel worthy or comfortable in your own skin.  That's just something I've learned how to do by fucking up.  A lot.  And fucking up takes time, you can't rush a good fuck up!  Sometimes it's years in the making.

I want to stay away from saying I've finally found the "right" path.  Because that's bullshit too.  I am doing something I love and enjoy but I reserve the right to move on to other things I love and enjoy.  Truthfully, I'm a little scared to tell everyone how good I feel.  I don't  know if they'd believe me -it may not even be legal to feel this good.

I'm essentially broke.  I'm single.  Unemployed.  Uninsured.  I have no assets.  I am the unamerican dream incarnate.  But I have never been happier. 

The photos were taken at my Zombie VooDoo Cajun Birthday Celebration (tm).

No comments:

Post a Comment