Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I think I'm paranoid

GCCS - Day 7

Attending Giant Corporate Cooking School is making me fat and paranoid.  Fat because I routinely eat what I make in class for breakfast, which has been cookies, cookies, cookies.  I am getting fucking sick of cookies - and yet I keep eating them.  I am hereby making a new rule: no cookies for breakfast.  For at least a week.

I don't mean for it to happen that way, but 3:30 is early.  And I'm not so hot in the mornings.  It's amazing I remember to put on pants, you think I'm going to eat breakfast?  By the time class is over, I've been awake for six hours and have probably only had some water.  It leads to a nasty habit of me diving head first into whatever it is I've created and emerging minutes later covered in crumbs with my eyes glazing over.  The sugar rush is pretty short lived and this might explain my narcoleptic tendencies.

Paranoid because I'm also taking a food safety and sanitation class.  Apparently no amount of hand-washing will ever be enough and no contaminate is too unlikely.  Do you even want to know the amount of neurotoxins you can get from shellfish?  How many bacteria (or as Louis Pasteur would say "wee beasties") there are in the world?

It's beginning to have the opposite affect on me.  I want to drop food on the floor and eat it, go to a C rated restaurant and dig in, visit Mexico just to chug the water.  We've made ourselves too safe - time to tempt fate and strengthen my immune system.

Maybe I just really need sleep.  And a more regular schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment