Wednesday, February 16, 2011

GCCS - Day 3

Apparently telling a chef your name is Jezebel when it isn't will get you reprimanded at Giant Corporate Cooking School.  Hey, just because it's not on my birth certificate doesn't mean I haven't answered to it.

Also, being two minutes late will get you yelled at, which I do think is fair.  I grew up with an Army dad, being on time means being 15 minutes early.

The similarities between being in the military and being a student at GCCS are numerous.  Every grunt in uniform, everyone the same.  No excuses, no explanations, no questioning or second guessing the chef.  Do what you're told.  No guns, but we do have access to lots and lots of knives.  You're already doing it wrong, you imbecile.  And you will never get it right.

So like the military, I guess their goal is to break me down and then build me back up into their version of a perfect kitchen drone.

I think my goal now is to succeed in spite of GCCS.

Also, I fucking hate cravats.

No comments:

Post a Comment