Sunday, March 6, 2011

Woe is me. Whoa.

If there is a single word that could describe this week it would be ugh - UGH - which isn't even really a word, more of a grunt of frustration.

The stupid injury inventory is ever rising and currently being displayed on both my hands (including two fresh sugar burns in addition to my many cuts, nicks, and bruises), I'm getting frustrated with my classmates, and I feel like a slug.  I have a written and practical exam on Monday, a quiz on Tuesday and I have no idea when I'm going to have time to study BECAUSE

I officially started my job as a wine wench this weekend.  That's right ladies and gents, you will now find me in scenic Malibu on the weekends pouring wine tastings and talking shit.  Now, I can BS with the best of them - just give me a subject - and I genuinely like and drink wine.  But the winery I'm working for had run a Groupon (which I also love and have used many times) and people being the way they are, the majority waited until this weekend - the weekend it expires - to redeem it.

It was a very trial by fire way to start.  I'm proud to say I ran with it.  I was not the weakest link.  And truthfully, it really wasn't that bad.  People generally tend to be in a good mood when getting a deal and drinking vino in the beautiful Santa Monica foothills.  But damn, I was exhausted by the time I got home.  Everything I was going to do last night?  Well, technically I'm supposed to be doing it right now.  And the stuff I was going to do this morning anyway?  I guess it will get done, eventually.

I am a little worried about both exams on Monday.  I haven't been keeping up with the reading, so now I'm behind and I haven't studied conversions since the last exam.  The practical is chocolate chip muffins and pastry cream - both of which I had trouble with in class.  My muffins were overmixed and spread with all the chips sinking to the bottom, and my pastry cream was runny.  The pastry cream will be used on Tuesday for a fruit tart, so if it's not thick enough I'm doubly screwed.

So deep breath.  And if it really sucks, I now have access to a lot of good wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment