Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Have you ever woken up completely displaced?

I just woke up thinking it was 6 a.m., not p.m. and nearly started crying because I thought I had missed class.

I'm having a really hard time adjusting to the schedule.  I feel tired all the time, I'm in a constant state of panic because there's so much to do and I have no energy to do it.  I get out of class around 11 a.m. and the day stretches before me and then the next thing I know entire hours have disappeared and nothing has been done.

Every single morning my first thought is I can't do this.

But then I do.  And I'm really liking my class.  Once I'm actually at my station, prepping for the day, I'm fine - excited even.  I'm learning so much and actually enjoying it.

It's not just the early wake up call; it's that I haven't figured out the rest of my schedule either.  I used to exercise every day and since I've started school (two and half weeks ago), I've exercised maybe twice.  I can't figure out when I should be eating, so I eat all the time, and typically it's whatever baked good I've made, so I'm not eating exactly healthy.

The weird schedule, the lack of sleep and exercise, and the bad eating habits have combined to make me a neurotic ball of emotion.  It's compounded by the fact that I know it's temporary, but 33 and half weeks seems like forever away.  (This must be the way a pregnant woman in the throes of morning sickness feels, yes it will stop - eventually.  But eventually ain't coming soon enough.)

I will survive this, I will even thrive once I get used to it.  Until then I'll be the one who just randomly falls asleep and wakes up crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment