Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sydney I'll Come Running

It's my last day in Australia.  I've just been bumming around Sydney trying to take it all in.  

In my one nod to my chosen profession, yesterday I took the ferry to Manly beach and stopped by Adriano Zumbo's patisserie.  It was the perfect day for lounging around drinking coffee and eating sweets.  And then hiking up to the top of the sea cliffs for views of Sydney.

Prior to that I spent the weekend in the Blue Mountains hiking around.  All this hiking!  Don't worry, there have been sandwiches and meat pies aplenty to keep me going.  It was freezing in the mountains, but the hostel I stayed in had a fireplace and a cat, who was reluctantly available for snuggles.  

Now I'm just doing all the things I love about Sydney one last time: my final visit to the botanic gardens (naptime!), a last trip to the library (no really, it's awesome), and a flat white or three.

I'm sad to be going - there's still so much I didn't get to see or do - but I'm excited to be heading to Seoul and to a friend.  There are only so many times you can have the what's your name/where are you from/how long are you traveling conversation before you just start to make shit up.  And then live in fear that you won't remember what you made up.

I am equally exited about going home (CATS!!!), freaked out (employment, wherefore art thou?), and plotting my next escapade.  In the meantime, it's naptime.


No comments:

Post a Comment