Tuesday, May 14, 2013

And then there was one (week left)

How did this happen?  Didn't I just get here?  Where did the time go?

I'M NOT READY TO LEAVE!

But that's how it goes, my lovelies.  I am down to my last week in Oz.

I'm back in Sydney after braving the outback and seeing a very big red rock.  There are stories to tell and situations to be sorted.

I didn't climb to the top of Uluru.  I was contemplating it on the ride out there and the trail was open, a rarity.  But then I saw the path and after the Mt Wellington sufferfest, I thought my time would be better spent circumnavigating the rock instead of battling the enthusiastic flies and relentless sun while trying not to fall off. The path is practically vertical and Catherines are clumsy and lacking in adhesive material in the feet and hands.  So yeah.

The base walk was beautiful; being able to see the different perspectives was amazing.  No regrets.

So how to spend the last week?  I'm headed out to the Blue Mountains this weekend (train ride!) and then my last few days in Sydney.  Then I'm out.

It feels so unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment