Thursday, July 28, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

I was originally going to title this post, 'stuff I've eaten for breakfast and you haven't', but that seemed clunky.  

Here's the damning thing about the plated desserts class - at the end of class you have this (allegedly) beautiful creation and you're just supposed to toss it.  It seems like such a waste - and it's breakfast time.  Problem?  I see only viable solutions.

Anyway, here's a photo gallery of stuff I have actually made and eaten for breakfast - recently:


Chocolate mousse and meringue cake wrapped in chocolate


Spiced and baked pineapples with brandy snap and coconut sorbet


Apple tart


Flourless chocolate cake with chocolate mousse in a chocolate cup


Lime-hazelnut meringue with chantilly cream


Poached pear with mascarpone mousse and brandy snap


I didn't eat this:


I just love it.  I think it looks like a goldfish eating someone's brain.  Zombie fish, attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment