Thursday, June 23, 2011

O.V.E.R.

People, it is DONE.  The class from hell is over.  Just like that.

(The Final Part 1 - Strassburger Cookies
Why yes the class was International Cakes,
so why I had to make cookies is a mystery of the universe)

And I have a week off.  It's my "summer".  I plan to enjoy it: reading and swimming in the ocean, here I come.

(The Final Part 2 - Macarons
Which are, yes, a cookie but I love them.
And stuffed with Chocolate French Buttercream?
Heaven.)

It's a brief reprieve; after next week is up, it's back to the grind: same chefs, same despicable room, same horrifying polyester pants.   Same almost having to shiv someone for a mixer and an outlet.

  (The Final Part 3 - 3 Chocolate Bavarios
Hey look!  An actual cake.)


And with that terrifyingly piped monstrosity (go ahead and hate on it, it is not my proudest accomplishment but getting graded on that thing meant the class was OVER), I was done.  At 6:30 in the morning, no less..  I had to stay in class till nine, cleaning and pretending to be busy, which is something I'm getting really good at.

There's no point in dreading what comes next, it's better to just enjoy what's here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment